"Your life is an occasion. Rise to it!" - Mr. Magorium

Saturday, June 27, 2009

My First Mexican Barbecue

Yet another week has gone by, and I don't know where it went. I seem to remember cleaning my windows and taking my car in for its 175,000 mile service. That set me back a bit in the financial department. But if I can get another 100,000 miles out of the car (and it looks like I should), it will be money well spent.

The last couple of days were largely taken up with shopping, cooking, and setting up for a special friend's birthday party. The party took place last night and was, by all accounts, a huge success. Of course, I'd planned for twelve people and only seven showed up. I grilled three large chickens, and there was a lot left over.

The birthday lady's favorite food is Mexican. So grilled chicken seemed to be a logical choice for a Mexican barbecue. I did a web search for "Mexican marinade" and found this recipe. Everyone liked the chicken, so there was no problem with the leftovers... almost everyone took some home.

Even though I'm still on a mostly liquid diet, I managed to eat one drumstick. I sort of felt like I had to; after making the marinade and grilling the chicken I had to know what it tasted like.

No comments:

Post a Comment