"Your life is an occasion. Rise to it!" - Mr. Magorium

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Mistaken Basis

As I've told you, I've been posting less because I've been busy. Ironically, I became so obsessed with the things I was accomplishing as demonstration of my healing that I was working from a mistaken basis. This is plain in my previous post where I talk about all the things I had to do.

Jesus said, "The Son can do nothing of himself..." but, even though my Christian Science Nurse friend warned me that God was responsible for all these arrangements, I worked from the mistaken basis that I was responsible. As a result, I exhausted myself.

Since my last post I have slept more hours than I've been awake. But in my waking hours I have been making a sincere effort to get back to the study and prayer habits of the early days of my healing. There is still much work to be done... not cooking and cleaning work (though that's always necessary), but prayerful study work. And I'm grateful to God for the opportunity to pursue it.

1 comment: