"Your life is an occasion. Rise to it!" - Mr. Magorium

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Trains and Movies

It's been a fun weekend. On Friday I went to the model train store and purchased a train set. Those who know me well are probably thinking that another train set is the last thing that I need. But this is a tiny Z scale (1/220th scale) set. I can set it up on a board on the foot of my bed. This will get me by until I have a real train table again.

Friday night two friends came and watched "Elizabethtown" with me. If you haven't seen it, its a wonderful off-beat film. Kirsten Dunst gives a marvelous performance. Orlando Bloom isn't bad either. And Susan Sarandon is absolutely hysterical.

On Saturday my cousin came early in the day and we watched "Morgan Stuarts Coming Home". That's a kind of wacky comedy with John Cryer. I hadn't seen it in years. It was fun to see it again.

Saturday Evening my dear special friend came, and we watched the original "Father of the Bride" with Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor. When I bought it I thought it would be fun to see again, because I hadn't seen it since I was a teenager. As I watched it I realized that, in fact, I'd never seen it at all before. And, interestingly, neither had my friend. When she comes to visit again I have the sequel "Father's Little Dividend" for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment